sports rowing

Indiana rowing’s Laura Feinson named All-American in back-to-back seasons

spiurowingbrief071723.jpg

Indiana graduate rower Laura Feinson was named an All-American Honorable Mention by the College Rowing Coaches Association, Indiana's program announced Thursday. The selection marks back-to-back seasons where Feinson has received All-American recognition by the CRCA.  

Feinson was the 10th Hoosier in program history two seasons ago to receive All-American honors. This past season, Feinson became just the fourth two-time All-American Indiana rower and the first to do so since Antiona Frappell in the 2018-2019 season, per release.  

Feinson was also named the 2022 Big Ten Rowing Athlete of the Year and made the All-Big Ten First Team beside senior Piper Maaka this past season. Feinson and Maaka's listed hometowns on the rowing roster are both in the Wellington Region of New Zealand.  

The two rowed in Indiana’s top boat, the Varsity Eight, whose best-ever second-place medal at this year’s Big Ten Championships clinched the team’s record-breaking third-place finish in the event. Then, the Hoosiers qualified for their first NCAA Championships since 2019.  

All of Indiana’s three boats advanced to the Group C Finals. The Varsity Eight and Second Varsity Eight placed 16th nationally, while the Varsity Four boat placed 17th. Overall, the Hoosiers placed 17th in their seventh NCAA Championships appearance in the past nine full seasons.