sports women's basketball

Indiana women’s basketball lands 2025 commitment from guard Maya Makalusky

spiuwbbbrief062523.jpg

Indiana women's basketball landed a commitment from 2025 guard Maya Makalusky Sunday afternoon, per her social media.

Makalusky is the Hoosiers' first commit of the 2025 class. The Fishers, Indiana native attends Hamilton Southeastern High School, the alma mater of current Indiana guard Sydney Parrish. Makalusky averaged 15.4 points, just under four rebounds and 1.2 steals a game last season en route to a runner-up finish in the Sectional 8 tournament.

Standing at 6-foot-3-inches, Makalusky possesses similar size and length to Parrish and Indiana guard Yarden Garzon, who is coming off an impressive freshman campaign in Bloomington. Makalusky fielded offers from several Power 5 schools, including the University of Florida, Maryland, the University of Kentucky and others.

A more than capable outside shooter, Makalusky shot 40% from 3-point range in her first two seasons of high school ball. Makalusky is also the first guard commit beyond 2023, as well. The 2024 class currently holds commitments from a pair of forwards, Sydney Fenn and Faith Wiseman.

Indiana's youthful backcourt figures to see little change by Makalusky's arrival for the 2025 season. Rising freshman and ESPN top-100 guards Lenée Beaumont and Jules LaMendola, in addition to rising sophomores Garzon, Lexus Bargesser and Henna Sandvik, are projected to play alongside Makalusky.