arts student life

IU Cinema to hold fourth annual Montage Film Festival Friday

entmontage042623.jpg

IU Cinema will hold their fourth annual Montage Film Festival at 7 p.m. April 28. 

The Montage Film Festival is an annual showcase of student-produced short films. Following the viewing, films will be judged by IU alumni and awarded in an array of categories including Best in Show, Best Cinematography and Best Acting or Performance. The festival is a collaboration between IU Cinema and the Media School. 

This year’s films contain entries in several genres. For lovers of sci-fi and all things ghostly, Duke Moosbrugger’s “Eldritch” is a 10-minute story about a paranormal investigator making his way through an abandoned home. For those whose taste skews more in the dramatic direction, selections including David Woods’ “Memories,” Dylan Dankel’s “Again” and Tessa Haag’s “The Deal” are sure to have you sitting in the theater with all the enthusiasm of Nicole Kidman in an AMC

Related: [skullznbunniez: ballet, bras and business]

And for those just looking for a laugh, Colin Preston Wood and Myla Chae Tissandier’s “What to Do After 2022” is a two-minute guide to living in 2023 in which anything goes — from driving off a cliff to cats shooting lasers out of their eyes (watchout SNL’s Laser Cats).  

Other directors who will be featured at this year’s festival include Polina Saburova, Katie Rebekk, Lilly Luse, Sophia Haboush, Khurram Nawaz Sheikh, Brian Flaherty, Gaby Rondel, Gabriel Turner, Mark Holder, Narmeen Ijaz, Owen Bagwell and Simon Andrew Mayer. 

The event is free but ticketed. More information about the location and parking can be found at IU Cinema’s website. Be sure to check out IU Cinema to keep up with other films and guests coming to Bloomington in the near future.