Tuesday, March 19

arts music

New month, new shows: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from March 8 -12: 

18+ activities 

WFHB presents Local Live Remote featuring acoustic artists Silvia Josefina and Dakota Curtis & The Dark. Catch their performances live at 9 p.m. on Wednesday at The Orbit Room for a ticket price of $10. Too busy? Their performances will be aired live on 98.1 FM, an easy way to check out some new artists without leaving the comfort of your own home. 

The Reef presents a night at The Atrium featuring The Matriarch, The Strangers, The Atomic Misfits and Current Entertainment at 9 p.m. on Friday at 319 N. Walnut St.  

Indiana indie bands Treefoil, Mycota and The Strangers are set to play at 7 p.m. on Friday for a backyard party. Tickets are $5 and all information can be found on the Let’s Go Bloomington Instagram page. 

Related: [COLUMN: ‘The Last of Us’ episode 8: desperate people find (blind) faith]

21+ activities 

Local indie band Middle Name Basis joins pop and R&B fusion group Honey Iced Tea for an electric performance at 9 p.m. on Thursday at The Bluebird. Tickets are just $5. 

Muncie’s classic band The Why Store — recently honored by Muncie’s mayor for their contributions to the local music scene — is set to hit the stage at 8 p.m. on Friday at The Bluebird. Tickets to see this seasoned band are just $10. 

Self-described sad lesbian band Kat & the Hurricane — accompanied by local band Syzygy — will stop in Bloomington on their Midwest tour. See them live at 8 p.m. on Saturday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are just $7. 

Future forecast: budget for big bands 

Bloomington bands will be rocking the house at the end of March — otherwise, have a great spring break!