Trayce Jackson-Davis scores 2,000th career point, moves into sixth place all-time

sptraycebrief020723.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis surpassed the 2,000-point mark and slid into sixth place all-time on the scoring leaderboard Tuesday night against No. 24 Rutgers.

Jackson-Davis came into the contest with 1,984 career points, two behind former Hoosier guard Yogi Ferrell. Jackson-Davis took full ownership of sixth place with a crafty layup early in the first half after he sank a free throw for his first point of the game.

The All-American scored his 2,000th point with over 11 minutes to go in the second half on an emphatic putback dunk after his own miss.

Next to surpass on the leaderboard is Jackson-Davis' current head coach, Mike Woodson. Woodson stands in fifth place within the program with 2,061 career points.

Jackson-Davis is currently averaging 19.8 points per game. With eight guaranteed games remaining on Indiana’s schedule, Jackson-Davis will claim fourth place on the list if he matches his current scoring output throughout the rest of the season. If the Hoosiers win more than one Big Ten Tournament game and advance to the NCAA Tournament, or Jackson-Davis increases his scoring average, he will likely finish his career in third place within the program.