Trayce Jackson-Davis continues breaking records, moves into fourth in Indiana scoring

spiubbbrief022523.jpg

With his first points of the game against Purdue on Saturday, senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis climbed another step higher on Indiana men’s basketball all-time scoring list, passing A.J. Guyton for fourth in program history. 

Jackson-Davis scored 19 points against Michigan State on Tuesday to tie Guyton, who played for Indiana from 1996 to 2000, at 2,100 career points. Jackson-Davis' free throw with 11:44 minutes remaning in the game broke the tie. 

Jackson-Davis passed head coach Mike Woodson for fifth place on the list last week against Illinois and needs to reach 2,192 points to tie Don Schlundt for third all-time. 

His march through the record books in his senior year — which he announced would be his last at Indiana — already has seen him break the program’s block record, and Jackson-Davis entered Saturday’s game needing just 28 more rebounds to reach 1,092 and break the record held by Alan Henderson, who played for the Hoosiers from 1991 to 1995.

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz) and columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.