arts iu auditorium music

IU Auditorium March season features worldly and familiar music

entauditorium022723-png

This year’s IU Auditorium season has been an eclectic one, with a wide array of performances ranging from music to comedy to magic. The March lineup of events is heavily music-focused but still provides ample variation in genre and mode. 

Ballet Hispánico 

Kicking off the March slate is Ballet Hispánico, a New York-based dance company steeped in Latin American traditions of dance, which will be performing its first ever full-length narrative ballet, “Doña Perón,” at 8 p.m. March 3. The show portrays the life of Eva Perón, also known as Evita, who was the Argentine First Lady from 1946 to 1952 and acted as a voice for the Argentine lower class. General tickets start at $24, with student pricing starting at $14. Tickets can be found here

“Chicago” 

Following January’s run of “The Book of Mormon,” Broadway returns to Bloomington with “Chicago,” which will be performed at 7:30 p.m. March 7-8. Having won numerous Tony awards, the musical tells a story of crime in the jazz age and the vaudeville scene, satirizing the idea of celebrity criminals. It’s one of the most beloved shows to ever come from Broadway and has remained relevant since its 1975 debut. General tickets start at $30, and student tickets start at $17; they can be found here

Related: [Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater elevates ‘Anne Frank’ opera through dance

Noah Kahan 

Union Board recently announced an IU Auditorium performance by Noah Kahan at 9 p.m. March 21. The folk-pop singer-songwriter has recently gained more visibility due to the virality of his song “Stick Season,” released on the album of the same name in October 2022. He is known for his heartfelt transparency and his minimal but energetic sound. Tickets are now exclusively available to IU Bloomington students and start at $39.  

Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show 

The sounds of Ireland come to the auditorium at 7:30 p.m. March 29 with “Riverdance.” The performance showcases traditional Irish music, as well as the dance traditions that are so closely tied to it. It began as a brief act during Eurovision 1994, which was then expanded into a full-length stage show by John McColgan and Moya Doherty. Tickets can be found here and start at $32.50, with student tickets starting at $27.50.