arts music

Spread the love: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from Feb. 14 to Feb. 19: 

18+ activities 

Local indie bands the Matriarch and Too Many Cooks are set to play an electric set at 9 p.m. on Thursday at Western Skateland. It’s only $5 for entry and an additional $5 to rent skates. 

Gathering from all corners of the Midwest, indie bands The Reys, Kangaroo Court and Free Joel are set to play at 9 p.m. on Friday at the Reef, located at 313 N. Overhill Drive. Entry for this stacked show is just $6. 

Tiny Dorm Concerts is back, hosting Bloomington legends Six Foot Blonde and indie rock band Chair in the Air at 6:30 p.m. on Friday at the Hoosier Den in Read Hall. This landmark event is free and unticketed. 

Local artists Ben Fowler and Tim Baker are set to play at 6 p.m. on Saturday at the Orbit Room. Tickets are just $11, with a table reservation for four people for $15. 

Related: [A basement, a band and a burning couch: the night that changed the Bloomington music scene

Ready for a completely D.I.Y. extravaganza? House & Home, Sign Language, Boy Girl Blue and Bleak will be playing at 7 p.m. on Saturday at the Antumbra Room, located at 213 S. Rogers St. Tickets for the show are $10, a total steal for such a stacked set. 

Jeff Day, a legend in his own right, will be playing a nostalgic show alongside Stone Carnival at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Tickets range from $10-20. 

Need more hard rock? Local bands Tree to Stone, Fox Body and Purple Hearse are set to rock at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Crimson Castle, 2629 E. Edwards Row. Tickets will be only $5. 

21+ activities 

Eddy Gonzo & The Gardeners are back, playing at 10 p.m. on Wednesday at the Bluebird. Tickets to see the rock band during $1 Wednesdays are just $10. 

Australian band Seaforth are set to play at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Bluebird. Tickets to see the duo range from $7-10. 

Fresh and funky local bands Mindfully Blind, Namen Namen and the Stratospheres will grace the stage at 11 p.m. on Friday at the Bishop. Tickets are $6, and a proof of vaccine will be required at the door. 

Related: [COLUMN: Are comedians even funny anymore? A look into the grip of dark comedy

Local artist Connor McLaren will be playing alongside Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press at 9 p.m. on Friday at the Bluebird. Tickets to see both artists are only $12. 

Need more Six Foot Blonde? See the Bloomington band alongside indie rockers Street Pennies at 9 p.m. on Saturday at the Bluebird. Tickets are just $10. 

Get your dose of the feminine mystique with local bands Violet Hour, the Matriarch and SYZYGY at their Galentine’s show on Saturday at the Blockhouse. Tickets will be $5 and a proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will be required upon entry. 

Future forecast: budget for big bands 

Indie rock band Saint Motel will be on tour this spring, stopping at the Metro Chicago on April 24. Tickets go on sale this Friday. 

The WonderRoad festival is back this summer in Indianapolis featuring Weezer, Teagan & Sarah and many more. Tickets are on sale now, with a portion of the proceeds going to support Indy Parks.