arts music

Keep on rocking: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from Jan. 31 to Feb. 5: 

18+ activities 

Local indie darlings 6 Foot Blonde, Current Entertainment and Raj frontman Dann Raj will play a free acoustic show at 7 p.m. Thursday at The Reef. Find these bands at 313 N. Overhill Drive for a lower energy night. 

The Reef takes it up a notch with their hip-hop show featuring local artists Dslay, Phonto6k, Rumpuge, Ed Winn and Stevo. There is a $5 cover charge for the 9 p.m. show on Friday. 

Related: [COLUMN: Mäneskin’s 'RUSH' is a masterclass in global rock 'n’ roll

Bloomington hardcore bands Prevention, Full Stride, Payasa, Subversion and Desensitize will rock their show at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Antumba Room located at 213 S. Rodgers St. Five bands for $10 is a total steal and is sure to be a night to remember. 

Singer-songwriter Steven Plessinger, with support from Devin Brown, is set to play at 6 p.m. this Saturday at the Orbit Room. Tickets start at $6, with table reservations for four at only $10. 

21+ activities 

Looking for a woodsy vibe show to attend? Look no further than Joe’s Truck Stop and Rikki Jean playing at 6 p.m. this Friday at the Orbit Room. Tickets are selling fast, with single tickets at $11 and table reservations for four priced at $15. 

Related: [COLUMN: ‘The Last of Us’ episode 3: bad days and good days

Bloomington indie rock bands Violet Hour and the Stratospheres are set to play at 10 p.m. this Friday at the Bluebird. Tickets start at just $5 to see the budding bands. 

Back at it again, local country artist Hank Ruff will play at 9 p.m. on Saturday at the Bluebird. Tickets are priced at just $10. 

Future forecast: budget for big bands 

Ever wonder what happened to the guy with the puppet on Victorious? Get ready to see him live as DJ Matt Bennett hits the stage on Friday, March 3 at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis. Tickets are selling for $25.