arts music

Local music scene: Dec. 8-14

entmusiclisticle110222-illo

Bloomington bars double as concert venues from Dec. 8-14 while local bands perform their original music.  

Dec. 8  

Stages Bloomington and The Jewish Theatre of Bloomington will present “13: The Musical” at Waldron Auditorium. The show will begin at 7 p.m. Dec. 8. Tickets are available in the orchestra for $23 for adults and $13 for minors.  

The Root Cellar will host a free 21+ karaoke night at 8 p.m. with Dave Walter.  

Nashville, Tennessee band Iven and Bloomington bands Promweather and Swan Wash will perform at Blockhouse Bar. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Entrance will cost $5 for the 21+ show. 

Local rock band Thin Lines will perform at the Bluebird. Doors open at 9 p.m. and the 21+ show will begin at 10 p.m. Tickets are available for $5.  

Jefferson St. Music Studio will host an all-ages show at 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m., and Bloomington punk bands HELLBENDER, Desensitize and L.I.B. will open for Chicago punk band Racetraitor. Entrance will cost $10. 

Related: [COLUMN: Spotify Wrapped (IDS Arts Desk Version)]

Dec. 9 

The Root Cellar will host a free 21+ show at 8 p.m. featuring DJ Shaw Shank. 

Bloomington rock bands Secret Mezzanine and The Matriarch and Fort Wayne band The Namby Pamby will perform at Blockhouse Bar. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will start at 8 p.m. Entrance to the 21+ show will cost $5. 

Bloomington band Juke Box Luke will perform at the Bluebird. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. Tickets for the 21+ show are available for $10. 

House venue Rathouse will host Green Fest featuring Bloomington alternative rock bands SYZYGY, Emily Spinach, Deady and Yeti Gamble. Doors will open at 8:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. Entrance will cost $5, and attendees are encouraged to wear green attire. 

Dec. 10 

Stages Bloomington and The Jewish Theatre of Bloomington will present “13: The Musical” at Waldron Auditorium. There will be performances at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 10. Tickets are available in the orchestra for $23 for adults and $13 for minors.  

The Root Cellar will host a free show for a 21+ crowd at 8 p.m. featuring DJ Angst. 

Bloomington rock band Vuko and Bloomington electronic goth pop band Hypnagogia will perform at Blockhouse Bar. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8:30 p.m. Entrance to the 21+ show will cost $5. 

Local band Street Pennies will perform at the Bluebird. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. Tickets are available for $10.  

Dec. 11 

Stages Bloomington and The Jewish Theatre of Bloomington will present “13: The Musical” at Waldron Auditorium. The show will begin at 2 p.m. Dec. 11. Tickets are available in the orchestra for $23 for adults and $13 for minors.  

Related: [COLUMN: Blockbusters don’t bust blocks like they used to]

Dec. 13 

Blockhouse Bar will host an open mic night at 6:30 p.m. and a Honky Tonk night at 8:30 p.m. Entrance to the 21+ venue will cost $5. 

Dec. 14 

The Root Cellar will host a karaoke night starring Darran Mosley. The free show will start at 8 p.m. for a 21+ crowd.  

Blockhouse will host a call and response night featuring The Postmodern Jazz Quartet. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 7:30 p.m. Entrance will cost $5 or $10. 

Six Foot Blonde will perform at 10 p.m. at the Bluebird. Tickets are available for $10 for the 21+ audience. Doors open at 9 p.m.