Jacobs School of Music reschedules Dec. 1 show of ‘The Nutcracker’ to Dec. 4

<p>Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater senior Joaquin Ruiz and junior Maddie Tyler dance as the Snow King and Queen in a dress rehearsal for &quot;The Nutcracker&quot; on Nov. 29, 2022, at the Musical Arts Center. &quot;The Nutcracker&quot; will run from Dec. 2-4 at the Musical Arts Center with different casts.</p>

Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater senior Joaquin Ruiz and junior Maddie Tyler dance as the Snow King and Queen in a dress rehearsal for "The Nutcracker" on Nov. 29, 2022, at the Musical Arts Center. "The Nutcracker" will run from Dec. 2-4 at the Musical Arts Center with different casts.

The Dec. 1 performance of “The Nutcracker” has been rescheduled to Dec. 4 at 6:30 p.m. due to power outages that occurred around campus Thursday night. Tickets purchased for the Dec. 1 show will be renewed automatically for the 6:30 p.m. show on Dec. 4 and refunds are available through the box office for those who can’t attend the Sunday evening performance. 

After a series of power outages triggered blackouts in certain areas of campus, including the Musical Arts Center, the Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater canceled the Dec. 1 performance of “The Nutcracker.” 

Related: [Jacobs School of Music Ballet Theater to present ‘The Nutcracker’ Dec. 1-4]

“The Nutcracker” is performed with different casts and has performances at 7:30 p.m. from Dec. 2-3, 2 p.m. from Dec. 3-4 and at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 4. 

The Jacobs School of Music asks that those who purchased tickets for the show on Dec. 1 check their email and visit the Jacobs School of Music website for more information regarding the rescheduling. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.