Here are winter coat and food drives around Bloomington

<p>The Bloomington Salvation Army is seen Nov. 16, 2022, at 111 N. Rogers St. The Salvation Army collects necessities like nonperishable items, hygiene products and clothing throughout the year and distributes them to residents in need.</p>

The Bloomington Salvation Army is seen Nov. 16, 2022, at 111 N. Rogers St. The Salvation Army collects necessities like nonperishable items, hygiene products and clothing throughout the year and distributes them to residents in need.

Approaching the wintertime, having necessary winter clothing items and accessibility to food are essential to staying safe. As a city filled with over a thousand nonprofit organizations, Bloomington offers multiple options to stay safe this winter.  

Explore the list below to find out which coat and food drives are happening near you. 

Salvation Army Bloomington 

The Salvation Army has a donation center located within the Salvation Army Community Center. Citizens can visit the store 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday to access everyday items. The Salvation Army is located at 115 N. Rogers St.  

Community Kitchen of Monroe County  

Community Kitchen of Monroe County provides sit-down dining from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday at 1515 S. Rogers St. The meals consist of a main entrée, a vegetarian option, side vegetable, salad, fruit, desserts and beverages. In addition, the kitchen also provides cold carry-out meals.  

Shalom Center 

Shalom Center is a day shelter providing everyday items, meals and clothing. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday located inside Shalom Center, Phil's Kitchen provides breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and lunch from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. The kitchen also provides emergency groceries once per month per household. 

Hoosier Hills Food Bank 

Hoosier Hills Food Bank will host a number of food drive events during the upcoming months. Hoosier Hills Food Bank’s 40th Anniversary will take place Friday, Nov. 18 and Thanksgiving 2022 Meals will take place Thursday, Nov. 24. Hoosier Hills also provides information on where to find meals aside from their events.  

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.