arts music

Local music scene: Nov. 3-9

entmusiclisticle110222.jpg

Nov. 3 

Rewind Records will present touring pop rock band Litvar at 7:30 p.m. at Artisan Alley. Local folk rock and country band Rain on the Rocks and Fort Wayne pop rock band Uncle Muscle will open the show. 

Detroit rock band Protomartyr will perform at 9:30 p.m. at The Bishop Bar. Local band Dose Rose will open the show. Tickets are $20 for the 18+ crowd.  

Local band 3 Day Weekend will perform at The Bluebird. Tickets are available for $5. Doors will open at 9 p.m. and the show will begin at 10 p.m. for the 21+ audience.  

Too Many Cooks will perform at Blockhouse Bar for the 21+ crowd. 

Duo Louisiana slide guitarist Sonny Landreth and steel string guitarist Cindy Cashdollar will perform at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Tickets for the orchestra pit cost $40. Tickets for the orchestra, bench, lower and upper balcony are $20.  

Nov. 4 

Local country singer Hank Ruff will perform at The Bluebird. Doors will open at 8 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. Tickets are available for $10 for a 21+ audience.  

House venue The Reef will feature Bloomington band Violet Hour, Bloomington alternative rock band Chair in the Air and Bloomington alternative pop band The Stratospheres.  The doors will open at 5 p.m. and the show will start at 6 p.m. There will be a $7 cover. 

House venue Bureau of Musical Violations will host local pop punk band THiN LiNES, local psychedelic funk rock band Tree 2 Stone and Indianapolis indie band Callejera. The 18+ show will begin at 7:30 p.m. and the doors will open at 7 p.m. 

Cosmic Songwriter’s Club will present local musicians at a free event at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 7 p.m. 

Related: [COLUMN: It’s impossible to separate the art from the artist]

Nov. 5 

Local funk pop band Six Foot Blonde will perform at 9 p.m. at The Bluebird. Doors will open at 8 p.m. and tickets are available for $10 for the 21+ audience. 

Nov. 6 

Blockhouse Bar will host indie band The Convenience at 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and tickets are available for $10 for the 21+ show. 

Nov. 7 

The IU Jacobs School of Music Jazz Studies will present two sets of jazz music at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. The Tom Walsh Jazz Ensemble and Plummer Jazz Sextet will perform. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the free show will begin at 8 p.m. 

Nov. 8 

Blockhouse Bar will hold an open mic at 6:30 p.m. and Honky Tonk Tuesday will begin at 8:30 p.m. for a 21+ crowd. 

The Bishop Bar will hold an 18+ show at 9 p.m. Touring alternative pop duo joan and pop musician Love You Later will perform. Tickets are currently available for $17 and will cost $20 on the day of the event. 

Indie songwriter Will Sheff will perform at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. New York pop duo mmeadows will open the show. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Orchestra pit tickets are available for $30 and orchestra, bench, lower and upper balcony seats are available for $20. 

Related: [Documentary screening, workshop and readings to focus on Affrilachian Poets]

Nov. 9  

Eddy Gonzo and the Gardeners will perform at The Bluebird for a 21+ audience. 

Blockhouse Bar will host call and response jazz at 7:30 p.m. for a 21+ audience. 

Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate