sports swimming & diving

Indiana swim and dive announces 2022-23 schedule

spiusdbrief092122.jpg

Indiana swim and dive announced its 2022-23 schedule Monday afternoon.  

Competition will begin with the annual Cream and Crimson intrasquad scrimmage at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1 inside the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center.  

[Related: Hobie Billingsley, all-time Hoosier great diving coach, led a life like no other

The official season will kick off on Oct. 5 on the road at the University of Kentucky. This will be followed by a tri-meet versus both the University of Texas and Texas A&M University on Oct. 21 in Austin. 
The Hoosiers’ first home meet is set for Oct. 29 against the University of Missouri, followed by a trip to the Ohio State Fall Invitational from Nov. 17-19. The fall slate wraps up with a home meet against the University of Cincinnati on Dec. 2.  

A trifecta of dual meets is on the docket for January: Michigan on Jan. 14 at the CBAC, then a road trip against Purdue on Jan. 21 and the University of Louisville on Jan. 27.  

The Michigan Wolverines will host the 2023 Big Ten Championships in Ann Arbor, where the women will compete from Feb. 15-18 before IU’s defending champion men’s team vies for its fifth title in seven seasons from Feb. 22-25.  

The NCAA Zone C Diving Championships will take place from March 9-11 at the CBAC. Divers will compete in the 1-meter and 3-meter springboard and platform events for a shot to move on to the NCAA Championships. Last season, three Indiana men’s athletes and three women’s athletes combined to earn 17 qualifying bids. 

This year’s Women’s NCAA Championships will be held from March 15-18 in Knoxville, Tennessee, while the Men’s NCAA Championships will be held from March 22-25 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  

Indiana swim and dive schedule 

Cream and Crimson | Oct. 1 | Exhibition 

at Kentucky | Oct. 5  

at Texas/Texas A&M | Oct. 21 | Tri-meet 

vs. Missouri | Oct. 29 

Ohio State Invitational | Nov. 17-19 | Columbus, Ohio 

vs. Cincinnati | Dec. 2 

vs. Michigan | Jan. 14 

at Purdue | Jan. 21 

at Louisville | Jan. 27 

Women’s Big Ten Championship | Feb. 15-19 | Ann Arbor, Michigan 

Men’s Big Ten Championship | Feb. 22-25 | Ann Arbor, Michigan

Follow reporter Nick Rodecap (@nickrodecap) for updates throughout the meet and the rest of the Indiana men’s swim and dive season.