Indiana men’s basketball to host first-ever Pro Day on Oct. 7

<p>Then-junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis dribbles toward the basket during the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal March 11, 2022, at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Indiana announced it will hold its first-ever Pro Day on Oct. 7 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall before Hoosier Hysteria, according to an IU release.</p>

Then-junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis dribbles toward the basket during the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal March 11, 2022, at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Indiana announced it will hold its first-ever Pro Day on Oct. 7 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall before Hoosier Hysteria, according to an IU release.

The Indiana men’s basketball program announced the scheduling of its first-ever Pro Day, which will take place during the afternoon of Oct. 7 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall before Hoosier Hysteria, according to an IU release. The event will feature a combine-style workout, and representatives from all 30 NBA teams will be invited to watch the Hoosier prospects.  

[Related: Indiana basketball Hoosier Hysteria scheduled for Friday of homecoming weekend

The exhibition will likely mirror elements of the NBA Combine, a process which star senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was set to participate in before testing positive for COVID-19 and announcing his return to Indiana in late May. The NBA Combine is a key facet of the draft process and will help Hoosier players assess where they stand in terms of strength, speed and agility. 

[Related: Indiana men’s basketball announces 2022-2023 conference play, full schedule

“I think it will be a great opportunity for the players in our program,” Indiana head coach Mike Woodson said. “All of them aspire to play at the highest level.” 

The men’s team will make its first public appearance alongside the women’s program later that night at Hoosier Hysteria to kick off Indiana’s homecoming weekend. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.