Blackbear cancels 2022 Block Party concert

<p>Students cheer during the Welcome Week Block Party on Aug. 21, 2021, in the Green Lot next to the IU Tennis Courts. The 2022 Block Party was canceled because blackbear, the headliner, had to withdraw for medical issues.</p>

Students cheer during the Welcome Week Block Party on Aug. 21, 2021, in the Green Lot next to the IU Tennis Courts. The 2022 Block Party was canceled because blackbear, the headliner, had to withdraw for medical issues.

Musical artist blackbear has canceled his 2022 Union Board Block Party concert performance. The performer is currently suffering from nodules and bleeding vocal cords and has been placed on vocal rest by his doctor, according to blackbear’s Sept. 19 Instagram story. 

Related: [29th annual Lotus World Music and Arts Festival to kick off Sept. 22]

“In spite of continuous medical effort, I’m extremely heartbroken to say that my vocal issues have not improved,” blackbear said via his Instagram story. “I wholeheartedly apologize to everyone who worked so hard on this show and those who planned to attend.”

Blackbear continued by saying refunds will be offered at point of purchase. The refund option has also been confirmed by the Union Board via its Instagram story. An email will be sent out the morning of Sept. 20 with more information on refunds for those who already bought tickets, according to the Instagram story. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.