Kinsey Institute partners with Kelley School of Business to tackle gender inequity in the workplace

<p>Students cross the street Aug. 24, 2021, outside of the Kelley School of Business&#x27;s Hodge Hall. The business school and The Kinsey Institute have partnered to create the Kinsey-Kelley Center for Gender Equity in Business, according to an IU press release June 28. </p><p></p>

Students cross the street Aug. 24, 2021, outside of the Kelley School of Business's Hodge Hall. The business school and The Kinsey Institute have partnered to create the Kinsey-Kelley Center for Gender Equity in Business, according to an IU press release June 28.

The Kinsey Institute and the Kelley School of Business have partnered to create the Kinsey-Kelley Center for Gender Equity in Business, according to an email from President Pamela Whitten sent June 28. 

The partnership will work to address gender equity, sexual misconduct and sexual harassment to create a more equitable and safe work environment. Led by April Sellers, a clinical professor of business law and ethics, the center will train and provide guidance to organizations dealing with equity issues, as well as educating future business leaders. 

The center’s creation was funded by a donation from Pam Meyer Yttri, an IU alumna and member of IU's Women's Philanthropy Leadership Council. 

The new center is part of IU’s celebration of 75 years of the Kinsey Institute. Other new developments include a human sexuality and health concentration through the Kinsey Institute for School of Medicine students, a research and intervention program aimed at promoting health relationships in rural Indiana and intensive courses about sex, sexuality, gender and relationships that provide professional certification. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.