Here are the best places to pick up some IU mom and dad apparel

pgmomdadswag061322.jpg

Now that your child is officially a Hoosier, you’ll need to add some cream and crimson to your wardrobe. Whether you decide to sport a classic “Hoosier Daddy” shirt or purchase a student-designed crew neck, we have you covered on the best places to find your IU swag. 

Indiana Memorial Union Bookstore 

Located inside the Indiana Memorial Union, the bookstore is a great place to buy some attire while walking around campus. With its central location in the heart of IU, you can pop in quickly between all the orientations and tours.

The bookstore sells every type of clothing: jerseys, sweatshirts, t-shirts, socks and much more. While the merchandise is a little more on the expensive side, the quality is durable, and it’s worth it in the long run. 

IU Varsity Shop

The IU Varsity Shop is the official store of IU Athletics, located inside Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The store sells a variety of IU sports-themed apparel, including the iconic candy-striped pants, branded sports gear, tailgate accessories and even home decor.

Kirkwood Options

The Indiana Shop, located on Third Street and Kirkwood Avenue, has a wide variety of apparel and merchandise. They have one of the more diverse collections in town, including tote bags and other novelties.

Here, you can get intentional with what you buy, as the Indiana Shop carries clothing from specific IU schools. Whether your child is studying game design in the Media School or finance in the Kelley School of Business, the Indiana Shop will have something for you.

When dropping your child off or coming to visit for a weekend, stopping at Tracks is a must. Located on Kirkwood Avenue, Tracks sells classic IU apparel as well as student-designed shirts and sweatshirts. The store is always introducing new designs and bringing back favorites. 

Greetings is the perfect place to purchase shirts to represent that Hooiser pride. Greetings has all kinds of diverse designs, such as shirts featuring IU football coach Tom Allen’s slogan “Leo” or the famous Grateful Dead dancing bears. 

Online shopping

If you aren’t in Bloomington but still want to represent Hoosier pride, online shops like Etsy can help. Searching “IU” or “Indiana University” on Etsy’s home page will show pages and pages of IU related items and clothing. From vintage sweatshirts to new designs and dog collars to Apple Watch Bands, you’ll definitely be able to find something that suits you. 

This article was originally published in the 2022 Parent Survival Guide. Explore the entire guide here.