coronavirus

IU-Bloomington reported 10 COVID-19 cases, announces new asymptomatic testing change

caupdate040122.jpg

IU-Bloomington reported 10 new positive COVID-19 cases among faculty, staff and students from March 24-30, according to the IU COVID-19 dashboard. Of those cases, six came from students, and four came from faculty and staff.

IU-Bloomington announced Friday the current asymptomatic COVID-19 testing sites will close on campus, and drop-off testing will be the only option for asymptomatic testing due to decreased testing demands beginning April 4.

Last week, IU-Bloomington announced it will be adding machines which will dispense COVID-19 drop-off testing kits for free. The machines will be located in the circle drive breezeway at the Indiana Memorial Union and in the center building of McNutt Quad.

Related: [IU offers 6 types of COVID-19 testing amid Omicron surge]

This week, the vaccination dropped to 94.8% from 94.9%. This number includes those who are fully or partially vaccinated. IU spokesperson Chuck Carney said vaccination numbers can slightly fluctuate as people enter and leave the IU system.

IU does not require documentation of the booster shot, so no data for those shots are currently available. IU will offer $20 in Crimson Cash to those who report their booster shot to the university, according to IU’s COVID-19 website.

​​IU continues to recommend everyone receive a vaccination and a booster shot. People ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna booster five months after the initial two-shot series, and everyone ages 12 and older is eligible for a Pfizer booster five months after their initial two-shot series. Adults ages 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.

Visit ourshot.in.gov to schedule a vaccine appointment or check eligibility criteria.