IDS Connect

Ethan Moore named summer 2022 editor-in-chief

Ethan Moore, summer 2022 IDS editor-in-chief.

The IU Student Media Publications Board appointed sophomore Ethan Moore as the summer 2022 editor-in-chief of the Indiana Daily Student Friday, March 25.

Moore is from Whitestown, Indiana and graduated from Zionsville Community High School. He joined the IDS staff his freshman year as a photojournalist. Moore has since worked as a visuals editor and creative director.

In fall 2021, Moore was a photography and design intern for the College of Arts and Sciences’ Themester program.

As editor-in-chief, Moore plans to create a culture that expands on the use of visual journalism. He also wants to prioritize communication among the entire IDS staff and increase the emphasis on special publications.

“I truly believe (my goals) will go a long way toward creating a welcoming environment for not only editors, but for new staffers,” Moore said in his application.

Moore said he wants to prioritize teaching and leading in addition to producing content to improve the IDS, IU and the Bloomington community.

“The role of an editor-in-chief at the Indiana Daily Student goes beyond just managing content,” Moore said in his application. “As I believe we are a space for learning first and a news outlet second.”