arts jacobs school of music

‘Jurassic Park’ live Jacobs performance to premiere Feb. 18-19

entjurassicpark021522.jpg

“Jurassic Park” will be shown at the Musical Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18 and 19. 

The film will be projected in HD and will feature the Jacobs School of Music Concert Orchestra conducted by Constantine Kitsopoulos. The orchestra will be performing composer John Williams’ score from the movie. 

In the film, paleontologists Ellie Sattler and Alan Grant (played by Laura Dern and Sam Neill, respectively), alongside mathematician Ian Malcolm (played by Jeff Goldblum), are part of a group chosen to tour a theme park on an island in Central America full of genetically engineered dinosaurs. When a power failure occurs, the park’s cloned dinosaurs escape and run rampant. The film is directed by Steven Spielberg.

Related: [Street Pennies, up-and-coming blues band, will perform at The Bluebird on Feb. 16]

The 1993 American science-fiction action film is based on the 1990 novel of the same name by Michael Crichton. The screenplay is by Chrichton and David Koepp. 

“Jurassic Park” won more than twenty awards, including three Academy Awards, for its technical advancements in sound design and visual effects. 

After its release in 1993, the film was followed by four commercially successful sequels, including “The Lost World: Jurassic Park,” “Jurassic Park III,” “Jurassic World” and “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” A fifth sequel, “Jurassic World Dominion,” is scheduled for release this year. 

Tickets start at $10 and $5 for students.