IU-Bloomington reported 45 positive COVID-19 cases this week, third week showing decrease

<p>A COVID-19 drop-off box is pictured Feb. 15, 2022, the box is located in the East Garage. Test kits are available on campus at drop-off locations.</p>

A COVID-19 drop-off box is pictured Feb. 15, 2022, the box is located in the East Garage. Test kits are available on campus at drop-off locations.

IU-Bloomington reported 45 positive COVID-19 cases among faculty, staff and students from Feb. 10–16, according to the IU COVID-19 dashboard. Of those cases, 28 came from students, and 17 came from faculty and staff.

This the third week in a row cases have dropped on campus, accounting for a 34.8% decrease this week.

Related: [IU offers 6 types of COVID-19 testing amid Omicron surge]

Vaccination rates dropped from 95% to 94.5%. This number includes those who are fully or partially vaccinated. IU spokesperson Chuck Carney said vaccination numbers can slightly fluctuate as people enter and leave the IU system.

IU does not require documentation of the booster shot, so no data for those shots are currently available. IU will offer $20 in Crimson Cash to those who report their booster shot to the university, according to IU’s COVID-19 website.

​​IU continues to recommend everyone receive a vaccination and a booster shot. People ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna booster five months after the initial two-shot series, and everyone ages 12 and older is eligible for a Pfizer booster five months after their initial two-shot series. Adults 18 years and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.

Visit ourshot.in.gov to schedule a vaccine appointment or check eligibility criteria.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.