Indiana baseball’s Tuesday matchup at Miami University postponed due to forecasted rain

<p>Then-sophomore infielder Justin Walker talks to IU baseball head coach Jeff Mercer at Bart Kaufman Field on April 28, 2019. Indiana’s matchup with Miami University on Feb. 22 in Oxford, Ohio, was postponed, due to forecasted rain.</p>

Then-sophomore infielder Justin Walker talks to IU baseball head coach Jeff Mercer at Bart Kaufman Field on April 28, 2019. Indiana’s matchup with Miami University on Feb. 22 in Oxford, Ohio, was postponed, due to forecasted rain.

Indiana baseball's first mid-week game of the season scheduled for Tuesday against Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, was postponed due to forecasted rain, according to an Indiana Athletics release Monday. 

The two teams will look to reschedule the matchup for a later date. Indiana is still set to play Miami in its home opener, scheduled for March 1. 

The Hoosiers are looking for their first win in 2022 after suffering a three-game sweep at Clemson University this past weekend and will travel to Round Rock, Texas, this weekend to compete in the Karbach Round Rock Classic. 

Indiana will face two top-10 teams in the three-game round-robin event, including No. 2 University of Arkansas on Friday, University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Saturday, and No. 6 Stanford University on Sunday.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.