Dangerous situation at Indiana Memorial Union ends without injury, man taken into custody

<p></p>

The dangerous situation occurring at the Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel ended without injury when the IU Police Department took the man into custody around 1:37 a.m. Tuesday, according to an IUPD press release. 

An IU Bloomington Alert, sent around 9 p.m. Monday, warned students to stay away from the IMU due to a dangerous situation.

According to the press release, IUPD dispatch received a call from hotel staff at 8:23 p.m. Monday after some guests reported hearing someone making threats inside room 107, which did not have any guests registered for the night. 

Upon arriving at the hotel, officers could hear at least one male voice inside the room but the man refused to exit the room. Officers secured each end of the hallways while the Critical Incident Response Team and Crisis Negotiations Team arrived to negotiate with the man, according to the press release. There were not other people inside the room.

The man was taken into custody and officers did not find any weapons.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.