University Players to present Holiday Cabaret Sunday evening

<p>University Players&#x27; third annual Holiday Cabaret will be at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2021, in the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center. Members of University Players signed up for slots to perform holiday songs of their choice.</p>

University Players' third annual Holiday Cabaret will be at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2021, in the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center. Members of University Players signed up for slots to perform holiday songs of their choice.

University Players will conduct its third annual Holiday Cabaret on Dec. 5 in A207 of the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5 and the event will be livestreamed on University Player’s YouTube channel. 

Starting Nov. 21, members of University Players signed up for slots to perform holiday songs of their choice. The event starts at 7 p.m. and attendees are encouraged to wear pajamas and bring blankets to the performances, Jessica O’Brien, IU senior and Director of Marketing and Communications said. 

“I feel like this is one of our goofiest cabarets,” O’Brien said. “People love to do crazy songs, like maybe Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ and everybody starts singing along.”

The Holiday Cabaret is a fundraising event for University Players, O’Brien said. Since University Players is a student-run theater organization, they use the money for needs like set construction, rights for future shows and hair and makeup.

Cookies and hot chocolate will be available, and donations are encouraged. There will also be a place to donate on the livestream.

“It's just a really good way to help people relax and enjoy something involving the arts before the stress of finals week," O’Brien said.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.