IU to offer Moderna booster at Assembly Hall Monday to Wednesday

<p>Then-junior Bryce Asher receives a COVID-19 vaccination April 12, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. IU will offer the Moderna booster 3 to 8 p.m. Monday to Wednesday at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.</p>

Then-junior Bryce Asher receives a COVID-19 vaccination April 12, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. IU will offer the Moderna booster 3 to 8 p.m. Monday to Wednesday at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

IU will offer the Moderna booster 3 to 8 p.m. Monday to Wednesday at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

Students, faculty and staff 18 years old or older are eligible to receive the Moderna booster if it has been six months or longer since their initial vaccination dates for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Individuals who received their initial dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine are able to receive a booster dose two months after their initial vaccinations, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The vaccine clinic will also offer the two doses of the Moderna vaccine. Appointments are required and can be scheduled online through the Indiana vaccine portal.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.