arts exhibits

Design BFA Thesis Exhibition to show undergraduate students’ work

entdesignbfa111821.jpg

The Grunwald Gallery will present the Fall 2021 BFA Thesis Exhibition on Dec. 1. 

As a culmination of their educational career, graduating bachelor’s in fine arts students in the Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture and Design will showcase their work. 

Student work from a variety of studio areas will be featured, including photography, painting, graphic design, sculpture, metalsmithing, jewelry design and fibers. 

“The Thesis Exhibition is a milestone for the BFAs in that it is a mark of their accomplishments as an undergraduate,” Grunwald Gallery Program Coordinator Linda Tien said. “It’s always a very celebratory time for faculty, the students and their families and friends.”

Also: IU Theatre’s “JUMP” addresses themes of mental health, grief

Tien wears a lot of hats at the gallery, but she said one of her most important roles is to coordinate and arrange the BFA and MFA exhibitions every year. 

“Whenever the students leave from school here, they may have exhibitions at other galleries or they may want to put together their own exhibition,” Tien said. “I show them the way through that process.” 

On Dec. 10 at 5.p.m., the Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture and Design will hold an awards ceremony for the artists, followed by a reception at 6 p.m. 

This show will be open to the public until Dec. 11 at 4 p.m. The exhibit will be captured on Matterport 3D technology and can be viewed on the Grunwald Gallery website after it ends. 

The gallery began to utilize the Matterport 3D virtual tour technology during the pandemic, as most people weren’t comfortable coming to see the show in person. 

“It’s been a really great way to document the exhibitions but also as a learning and educational tool for teachers and students to use,” Tien said. 

Gallery hours include Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. It is closed on Sunday and Monday.