Bloomington to celebrate the final Krampus Rampage and Bazaar

<p>A person dressed as Krampus with glowing red eyes holds a giant stick Dec. 2, 2017, at the Krampus Rampage and Bazaar. Bloomington’s Annual Krampus Rampage and Bazaar, the largest Krampus event in North America will end 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown Bloomington after a decade,<strong> </strong>according to a Bloomington Krampus organization press release. </p><p><br/><br/></p>

A person dressed as Krampus with glowing red eyes holds a giant stick Dec. 2, 2017, at the Krampus Rampage and Bazaar. Bloomington’s Annual Krampus Rampage and Bazaar, the largest Krampus event in North America will end 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown Bloomington after a decade, according to a Bloomington Krampus organization press release. 

The largest Krampus event in North America will happen for the final time starting at 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown Bloomington, according to a Bloomington Krampus organization press release. 

The release said Krampus, a hairy beast with horns, will be in Bloomington to scare naughty children during a parade and other activities. Bloomington has been the site of the annual Krampus Rampage and Bazaar for the last decade with thousands lining the parade route, according to the release.

The Krampus Rampage parade will wind through downtown Bloomington at 6 p.m. with St. Nick and his angels leading the parade. Attendees have the opportunity to donate $2 to get a “Naughty” or “Nice” sticker, according to the release.

Previously: Krampus Holiday Bazaar and Rampage returns to Bloomington on Saturday

The Rampage will end at the Bazaar, located at Showers Common, 401 N. Morton St. The Bazaar is an area full of Krampus festivities, with opportunities to run through a pack of Krampus beasts. There will also be a photo area to take your picture with a Krampus. Donations can be made to participate in a sack race, make Krampus art or craft a Krampus mask, according to the Bloomington Krampus Facebook page.  

In the release, Kel McBride, the director of operations for Bloomington Krampus, said he never imagined the event would become nationally recognized in a town with a population of about 85,000 people. 

Attendees must wear masks and social distance along the parade route, McBride said.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.