University Players holds 'Lizzie: The Musical' auditions Sept. 7

<p>University Players will begin its fall season with &quot;Lizzie: The Musical&quot; on Nov. 4-6, 2021. Auditions will take place 7-10 p.m. Sept. 7.</p>

University Players will begin its fall season with "Lizzie: The Musical" on Nov. 4-6, 2021. Auditions will take place 7-10 p.m. Sept. 7.

University Players is having auditions for “Lizzie: The Musical,” its first musical of the fall season.

Auditions for “Lizzie: The Musical” will be held from 7-10 p.m. Sept. 7. The location is yet to be announced, according to an announcement on Instagram. People can sign up for audition time slots using the signup link found on the University Players website. 

Callbacks will be Sept. 9 and the first rehearsal will be Sept. 27.

University Players is asking people auditioning to prepare 16 to 32 measures of a rock power ballad for the audition and to bring a headshot and a resume, according to the announcement.

There are four roles in the production: Lizzie Borden, Emma Borden, Alice Russell and Bridget Sullivan. Full character breakdowns and a show synopsis can be found on the University Players website

“Lizzie: The Musical” performances will be Nov. 4-6, according to the announcement. 

Senior Janie Voris is the director for this production, junior Kate Bentley is the stage manager and senior Jessica Bittner is the music director.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments