arts iu auditorium

Here’s what to expect attending IU Auditorium events this season

entauditsafety090221-2.jpg

IU Auditorium will be opening its doors for masked audience members Sept. 23 to kick off their 2021 season with a “Napoleon Dynamite” screening. All attendees and workers at indoor IU Auditorium events must wear masks in accordance with university guidelines, managing director Maria Talbert said.

Seating at indoor IU Auditorium events will not be socially distanced as the auditorium is following university policies for classes and other indoor events, Talbert said.  

IU Auditorium will also be continuing its sanitation procedures, including cleaning areas of the auditorium that are frequently touched, such as seating.

Guests will also have access to sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer during events in the auditorium. Talbert said staff will have masks for attendees who forgot to bring one.

The auditorium will send ticket holders “Know Before You Go” emails before events to inform patrons of any updated COVID-19 policies, Talbert said. The emails will also include a reminder to patrons to stay home if they feel ill or have any COVID-19 symptoms.

IU Auditorium will also be in regular contact with IU’s COVID-19 Medical Response Team and other public health experts to keep an eye on local situations and make changes to procedures if needed. 

”We really are excited to be able to welcome the student population in particular to the auditorium,” Talbert said. “We just couldn’t be more excited to be opening our doors again.”

Most of the IU Auditorium events are indoors, although the auditorium continues to operate outdoor event venues around campus, including Kinsey Hollow and Dunn Meadow spaces, Talbert said. 

For outdoor events, Talbert said masks are not required but recommended for those not vaccinated.

“We’re hoping to see a lot of student organizations take advantage of these additional spaces this semester,” Talbert said.