Monday, March 18

UPDATE: IU-Bloomington reports 25 COVID-19 cases, 19% increase from week before

coronavirus filler

This story will be updated weekly to reflect IU dashboard updates.

October 15

IU-Bloomington reported 25 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Oct. 7 to Oct. 13, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The number includes 20 student cases and five faculty and staff cases.

The dashboard reports 93.2% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.1% increase from the week before. As of Thursday, 93.2% of all students and 92.9% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

October 8

IU-Bloomington reported 21 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Sept. 30 to Oct. 6, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday, setting a new record for the lowest weekly case count this semester.

The number decreased 30% from the week before, including 15 student cases and six faculty and staff cases.

Positive cases are reported from the campus’s symptomatic, mitigation and voluntary testing as well as self-reported positive test results. IU’s weekly mitigation testing, called COVID Check testing, is mandatory for students, faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated.

Individuals not selected for COVID Check testing may sign up for voluntary asymptomatic testing on IU’s online optional testing form or symptomatic testing if they experience symptoms of COVID-19.

The dashboard reports 93.1% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.3% increase from the week before. As of Thursday, 93.1% of all students and 93% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

The COVID-19 vaccination is required for all IU students, faculty and staff, unless they have a medical, religious or ethical exemption or are enrolled in a 100% online program, according to IU's COVID-19 policy. Individuals can report their vaccination status or request an exemption using IU’s online vaccine reporting form.

Individuals wanting to schedule a vaccination appointment can visit the Indiana State Department of Health website for an in-state vaccination site, or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to search for vaccination sites across the United States.

October 1

IU-Bloomington reported 30 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Sept. 23 to Sept. 29, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday, marking the lowest case count since the semester started.

The number decreased 52% from the week before and includes 23 student cases and 7 faculty and staff cases.

The dashboard reports 92.8% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.1% increase from the week before. As of Thursday, 92.9% of all students and 92.5% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

September 24

IU-Bloomington reported 62 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Sept. 16 to Sept. 22, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The number decreased 22% from the week before, including 49 student cases and 13 faculty and staff cases.

The dashboard reports 92.7% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.2% increase from the week before.

September 17

IU-Bloomington reported 79 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Sept. 9 to Sept. 15, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The number increased 25% from the week before, including 63 student cases and 16 faculty and staff cases.

The dashboard reports 92.5% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.3% increase from the week before. Following the opening of a campus vaccine clinic Monday to Wednesday, 92.6% of students and 92.4% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

September 10

IU-Bloomington reported 63 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Sept. 2 to Sept. 8, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The total number decreased 31% from the week before and includes 52 student cases and 11 faculty and staff cases.

In addition, the dashboard reports 92.2% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.3% increase from the week before. According to the dashboard, 92.1% of students and 92.3% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

September 3

IU-Bloomington reported 91 COVID-19 cases for the week of Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The number includes 78 student cases and 13 faculty and staff cases, a 34% increase from the week before.

In addition, the dashboard reports 91.8% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.3% increase from the week before.

August 27

IU reported 68 COVID-19 cases among IU-Bloomington students, faculty and staff last week. This is an increase of 38 cases from last week. The case count includes 56 student cases and 12 faculty and staff cases.

These cases are the result of symptomatic and asymptomatic testing in addition to self-reported positive test results. Symptomatic and asymptomatic testing are available on all IU campuses.

91.5% of all individuals on Bloomington’s campus are partially or fully vaccinated for COVID-19. 91.4% of students are partially or fully vaccinated as well as 92.2% of faculty and staff.

Fully vaccinated individuals at IU can report their vaccination status to meet the university’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements.

August 19

IU reported 35 total COVID-19 cases on IU-Bloomington’s campus for the week of Aug. 12 to Aug. 18. The case count includes 30 student cases and 5 faculty and staff cases.

The Bloomington campus is 90.7% partially or fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of Aug. 19. 90.4% of students are vaccinated while 91.8% of faculty and staff at IU-Bloomington are vaccinated.