coronavirus

IU to offer Moderna at walk-in vaccine clinic week of Sept. 13 for three days

COVID Filler

IU will have a walk-in COVID-19 vaccine clinic from Sept. 13 to 15 offering both first and second doses of the Moderna vaccine, Kirk White, co-lead of the IU-Bloomington COVID-19 Response Unit, said Friday during the City of Bloomington’s weekly COVID-19 press conference.

The vaccine clinic will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sept. 13 and 15 and from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m on Sept. 14 and is open to all IU students, faculty and staff with no appointments needed.

The clinic will be in Gym 171 in the School of Public Health, which is the same location as the site for COVID Check testing and voluntary asymptomatic testing, White said.

Being vaccinated for COVID-19 is required for all IU students, faculty and staff, unless they have a medical, religious or ethical exemption or are enrolled in a 100% online program, according to IU's COVID-19 policy.

According to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday, 92.2% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The dashboard reports 92.1% of students and 92.3% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

After the delta variant became dominant in the U.S., fully vaccinated people are five times less likely to be infected with the coronavirus and more than 10 times less likely to be hospitalized or die due to COVID-19, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study published Friday.