The IU Theatre Student Advisory Board holds Welcome Fest Thursday

<p>The Student Advisory Board for the Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance&#x27;s Instagram page on August 16. The post also said the event will be outdoors and masks will be optional.</p>

The Student Advisory Board for the Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance's Instagram page on August 16. The post also said the event will be outdoors and masks will be optional.

IU Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance students can attend the Student Advisory Board’s annual Welcome Fest on Aug. 26. The event will be at 5:15 p.m. in the courtyard outside the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center.

Senior Izel Landa, Student Advisory Board chair, said the goal of the event is to introduce the Student Advisory Board and faculty to anyone interested in the department. There will be various theater and dance groups from Bloomington and they will each have a table to give out information about their organization, Landa said.

“Think of it as a ‘who’s who’ kind of event,” Landa said.

This event will be outside and masks are optional, according to the Student Advisory Board Instagram post. Landa said free pizza will also be provided. 

The Student Advisory Board is composed of undergraduate and graduate students and serves as a link between students and faculty in the department, said Landa. Their goals involve ensuring that various voices, opinions and experiences of students are understood. They also help students communicate their hopes and concerns regarding the department.

“People should come to the event to get involved with the theater and dance department and get to know everyone within the community,” Landa said. 

People planning to attend the event need to fill out an RSVP Google Form found in the Student Advisory Board Instagram account bio.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments