McFadden, Mullen named to preseason All-American second-team

<p>The-junior linebacker Micah McFadden puts his fist in the air during the first quarter against Michigan State Nov. 14 in Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, Michigan. IU was one of eight schools to have two players represented on the All-American team.</p>

The-junior linebacker Micah McFadden puts his fist in the air during the first quarter against Michigan State Nov. 14 in Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, Michigan. IU was one of eight schools to have two players represented on the All-American team.

Junior cornerback Tiawan Mullen and senior linebacker Micah McFadden were named to the AP Preseason All-American second-team Monday.

Mullen was the first Hoosier cornerback to be named first-team All-American after recording 38 tackles, 3.5 sacks, three interceptions and four pass breakups in 2020.

McFadden, who was named to the Phil Steel All-American second-team last year and the AP All-American third-team, led IU with 58 tackles and 10.5 tackles for loss. His six sacks led the Big Ten.

IU was one of eight schools to have two players represented on the All-American team. Iowa State University and the University of Notre Dame both had three first-team. Ohio State had two first-team selections and four total.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments