IU is offering incentives for those who submit vaccination documentation

cavaccineincentive060321.jpg

To incentivize students, faculty and staff to submit documentation of their COVID-19 vaccination using IU’s self-report form, IU is offering prizes to those who submit a proof of their vaccine.

From the weeks of June 7 to June 28, winners will be selected randomly at IU to win up to $500 in their choice of gift cards, vouchers, dining credits or prizes, according to IU’s website

Winners will be randomly selected each Thursday on each of IU’s campuses, IU Studios Communications Consultant Justin Whitaker said in an email.

For students, this includes a student parking permit for the 2021-22 academic year beginning Aug. 1, 2021, a $500 bookstore gift card or $500 in I-Bucks. Faculty and staff are eligible to win an Apple Watch, AirPods Pro, a JBL speaker and a Yeti cooler.

One student grand prize winner will receive credit of up to $11,220 for the value of in-state tuition for their campus. One faculty or staff grand prize winner will receive their choice of two season tickets for the Indianapolis Colts or the Indiana Repertory Theatre.

In total, over $70,000 in prizes will be given to students, faculty and staff, Whitaker said.

Students, faculty and staff are eligible if they have reported at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and uploaded their vaccine card using the self-report form by July 1. Part-time, full-time and 100% online students and employees are eligible, according to IU’s website. Those who reported and uploaded their vaccine card prior to the announcement of the vaccine mandate are eligible as well.

Vaccination cards are reviewed by IU’s medical team to ensure validity before winners are selected, according to IU’s website.

Winners will be contacted through their IU email address and will receive tax information if their prize requires it. Once an individual wins a prize, they cannot win a second time.