Arrest made in case of smashed windows, dumpster fire in downtown Bloomington

<p>There were multiple cases of vandalism in downtown Bloomington Monday morning, according to Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo.</p>

There were multiple cases of vandalism in downtown Bloomington Monday morning, according to Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo.

The places that were vandalized include Circle K on Kirkwood Avenue, Alley Bar on Kirkwood Avenue, La Una Cantina on Walnut Street, Bauer Law Firm, a business at the 400 block of S. Walnut Street, Shalom Center and three additional businesses in the 400 block of W. First Street, according to Pedigo. 

There was a reported dumpster fire at the 300 block of S. Grant Street, he wrote in an email. 

An arrest was made for the broken window at the Shalom Center, according to Pedigo. Officers were able to receive video footage and positively ID suspect Douglas Ferguson, 53, Monday from the Shalom Center, Pedigo said. 

Ferguson was also the suspect in the dumpster fire and officers arrested him Tuesday while responding to an unrelated call at the Shalom Center, Pedigo said. Ferguson was remanded for the charges of arson, a level six felony for the dumpster fire, and criminal mischief, a class A misdemeanor at Shalom, according to Pedigo.

Whether he was involved with other broken windows is still being investigated, Pedigo said.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments