Masks not required for fully vaccinated people in CDC update, local guidelines continue

<p>Then-sophomores Yatziri Moreno, left, and Meg Heinisch, right, meet Aug. 24, 2020, behind Bryan Hall. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated guidelines for fully vaccinated people Thursday. </p>

Then-sophomores Yatziri Moreno, left, and Meg Heinisch, right, meet Aug. 24, 2020, behind Bryan Hall. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated guidelines for fully vaccinated people Thursday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to lessen COVID-19 guidance Thursday after announcing fully-vaccinated people do not have to wear masks indoors.

The CDC said fully vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask or social distance in any setting. However, state and local regulations, including local business and workplace guidance, may still apply.

Indiana’s mask mandate ended April 6, but the Monroe County Health Department’s mask mandate and physical distancing requirements are set to end May 28

If a fully vaccinated person is exposed to COVID-19, the CDC said they do not need to be tested for the virus unless they are a resident or employee of a correctional facility or homeless shelter.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after a second dose of a two-dose vaccine, such as Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson's Janssen. All COVID-19 precautions should continue to be followed until the person is considered fully vaccinated. 

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments