Sophomore standout Armaan Franklin to transfer from IU to Virginia

<p>Sophomore guard Armaan Franklin dunks the ball Feb. 2 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Franklin announced Thursday he will be transferring to the University of Virginia. </p>

Sophomore guard Armaan Franklin dunks the ball Feb. 2 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Franklin announced Thursday he will be transferring to the University of Virginia.

IU men’s basketball sophomore guard Armaan Franklin announced Thursday on Twitter that he will be transferring to the University of Virginia.

“Excited about the next chapter in my hoops life,” Franklin said on Twitter. “Still, have to say a big thanks to the IU community, fans and my teammates for all their support. Know that I appreciate you all so much.”

Franklin had a breakout season as a sophomore, more than tripling his scoring from his freshman year, averaging 11.4 points per game. The Indianapolis product led the Hoosiers in 3-point shooting, connecting on 42.4% of his attempts this past season. 

Franklin dealt with injuries at the end of the season to both his right foot and left ankle. Franklin missed five games due to injury in 2021, including three of the team’s last four games.

Franklin joins senior Al Durham as the second player to transfer from IU since Mike Woodson’s hiring March 28.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments