IU women’s golf to compete at Indiana Spring Challenge

<p>Sophomore Valerie Clancy hits the ball during practice Oct. 7, 2020. The IU women&#x27;s golf team will compete in the Indiana Spring Challenge on Sunday and Monday in Sellersburg, Indiana. </p>

Sophomore Valerie Clancy hits the ball during practice Oct. 7, 2020. The IU women's golf team will compete in the Indiana Spring Challenge on Sunday and Monday in Sellersburg, Indiana.

IU women’s golf will compete in the Indiana Spring Challenge on Sunday and Monday at Covered Bridge Golf Club in Sellersburg, Indiana. 

The course, designed by Fuzzy Zoeller and Clyde Johnston, has 18 holes with multiple lakes and strategically placed bunkers.

Competing teams include Big Ten foes Michigan State, Minnesota and Wisconsin along with the University of Notre Dame. 

The Hoosiers’ lineup will be senior Mary Parsons, sophomore Hanna Tanaka, senior Angela Aung, sophomore Valerie Clancy and junior Maddie Dittoe. Freshman Morgan Dabagia and junior Arushi Singh will compete unattached from the university, with Dabagia competing in her first tournament as a Hoosier. 

Parsons sits atop the Hoosiers’ depth chart after shooting a team-high 70 in the final round of the Clemson Invitational this past weekend

The competition will consist of two rounds played Sunday with a final round Monday. All players will start from the No. 1 tee in the tournament, with Parsons teeing off at 9:24 a.m. Sunday.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments