Bloomington facility to produce 60 to 90 million doses of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine

<p>Moderna Inc. announced that Baxter International Inc. in Bloomington will produce COVID-19 vaccinations. Baxter BioPharma Solutions will be responsible for producing 90 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination. </p>

Moderna Inc. announced that Baxter International Inc. in Bloomington will produce COVID-19 vaccinations. Baxter BioPharma Solutions will be responsible for producing 90 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination.

Moderna announced that the healthcare company Baxter International Inc. will assist in vaccine production, including a Baxter facility in Bloomington that will produce 60 to 90 million doses by the end of the year.

The Baxter BioPharma Solutions facility in Bloomington will help manufacture the doses and package them for distribution, according to an article from The Herald Times. The organization specializes in vaccine production. 

The facility has operated for about 20 years, according to an Inside Indiana Business article.

Moderna also partnered with Catalent for production. Catalent’s Bloomington facility is also producing millions of Moderna vaccines in addition to their production of Johnson & Johnson vaccines, according to the Inside INdiana Business article.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments