Ali Patberg will return to play for IU during the 2021-22 season

<p>Senior guard Ali Patberg dribbles the ball up the court Wednesday in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall during a game against Penn State. Patberg stated in a Twitter post Wednesday she will be returning to play the 2021-22 season.</p>

Senior guard Ali Patberg dribbles the ball up the court Wednesday in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall during a game against Penn State. Patberg stated in a Twitter post Wednesday she will be returning to play the 2021-22 season.

Senior guard Ali Patberg has decided to use her last year of eligibility to compete for IU for one final season, according to a tweet she posted Wednesday evening. 

“See you next season Hoosiers!,” the post reads.

Her announcement also mentions she feels there is unfinished business for IU women’s basketball. Patberg saw her team fall to the University of Arizona in the Elite Eight on Monday after she put up 12 points but struggled from the 3-point line, going 0-3. 

Related: [Jaelynn Penn announces she will transfer from IU women’s basketball]

Patberg, who is from Columbus, Indiana started every game this season and was the third highest scorer for the Hoosiers with 14 points per game. She scored a total of 379 points this season, had 99 assists and averaged four rebounds per game. She shot 42% from the field and 29% from the beyond the arc. 

Related: [Read all IDS coverage of IU women’s basketball here]

Patberg made the All-Big Ten Second Team this season and was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award candidate list for 2021 by the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments