IU announces fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine after COVID-19 exposure

cavaccinatedquarantine031021-.jpg

People who are fully vaccinated and have reported their vaccination to IU will not be required by IU to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19, according to News at IU.

New guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention prompted IU to change their COVID-19 quarantine recommendations for fully vaccinated people, according to News at IU. People are considered fully vaccinated if they have received all doses of their vaccine at least two weeks prior to exposure.

Though fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine after exposure, they still need to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and self-report after being identified as a close contact if notified outside of the IU system. They will be enrolled in IU’s daily symptom monitoring system, COVIDcheck, to help track any changes to their health, according to News at IU.

Fully vaccinated people must isolate for 10 days if they test positive for COVID-19, even if they are asymptomatic.

IU still requires people who are not fully vaccinated to quarantine for 10 days if they have been exposed to COVID-19 or are identified as a close contact, according to News at IU.