arts iu auditorium

IU Auditorium to present ‘An Evening With Laverne Cox’ in April

entlavernecox032221.jpg

IU alumna and four-time Emmy-nominated actress Laverne Cox will take part in a moderated conversation and Q&A over Zoom at 8 p.m. April 9. “An Evening With Laverne Cox” is free and requires registration

In addition to her Emmy-nominations for acting, Cox is an Emmy-winning documentary film producer and a distinguished advocate and public speaker. Cox is the first openly transgender actress to be nominated for a Primetime acting Emmy. She is also the first openly transgender person to appear on the covers of Time, Cosmopolitan and Essence magazines, among others.

The livestream will open with remarks from Cox followed by a moderated conversation led by Janae Cummings, the director of communications and marketing at the Hamilton Luger School of Global and International Studies. Viewers are encouraged to ask questions. Questions can be submitted during the registration process. 

The event is part of “The Style of the State,” a symposium on art and culture across Indiana presented by Platform: An Arts and Humanities Research Laboratory. The symposium will run April 9-10 virtually and with limited in-person participation at the Gayle Karch Cook Center for Public Arts and Humanities in Maxwell Hall.