Five Amazing Local Restaurants in Bloomington

hltop5.jpg

Everyone wants to support local businesses, especially when so many are struggling to make ends meet in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is easy to find great options here in Bloomington, whether you want a small snack or a big meal. Here are some of the best local restaurants you should support in Bloomington.

1. BuffaLouie’s is known for its amazing wings in particular, but they have so many amazing options. They have salads, burgers, sandwiches, wraps and even some great vegetarian options as well. This is the perfect spot to get takeout when you are watching IU basketball. 

2. Da Vinci has the best thin crust pizza you could ever want. They have amazing options for any friends with dietary restrictions and offer vegan pizzas and gluten free cauliflower crust. Whether you build your own pizza or go with some of their favorites and classics, not to mention a plethora of pasta dishes, you can’t go wrong. They also have perfect appetizers and snacks if you just want a light meal. 

3. Village Deli is the perfect spot for a Sunday brunch, lunch with friends or even breakfast for dinner. They have the biggest and best pancakes, and even offer a gluten free option. If pancakes aren’t your thing, they also have french toast, waffles and omelettes. They offer an all day breakfast so whether you want one of their signature sandwiches, a burger or breakfast they have you covered.

4. Siam House has amazing Thai cuisine at affordable prices, especially if you are in the mood for something spicy. Their entrees are perfect to split or take home for leftovers to heat up the next day, and they have such a wide variety of options it can be hard to choose just one dish. They have spice levels varying from mild all the way to Thai hot, so be careful choosing just how spicy you want your food to be. I always love to get their noodles or fried rice entrees, but they also have curry, noodle soup, salads and appetizers. If you just want something small, instead of a full meal they offer a few side options as well. If you want to try something new, and have a sweet tooth, you can also order one of their desserts or sweet beverages. 

5. Bapu Teahouse has amazing boba and a wide variety of options to choose from. This is the perfect place to grab drinks and snacks to go with some friends. They have coffee for the coffee lovers, but also fruity drinks that are amazing as well. They have milk teas and fruit teas with toppings such as boba, popping boba, grass jelly and mixed jelly pudding. If you are wanting something a little more filling, they also offer smoothies, or you can get cookies or muffins to go along with your coffee or tea.