CAPS to offer free virtual discussion for Black male students at IU

<p>The Counseling and Psychological Services check-in desk is seen on the fourth floor of the IU Health Center. CAPS will be only offering virtual sessions due to the coronavirus pandemic.</p>

The Counseling and Psychological Services check-in desk is seen on the fourth floor of the IU Health Center. CAPS will be only offering virtual sessions due to the coronavirus pandemic.

IU’s Counseling and Psychological Services will offer a safe-space at 3 p.m. Monday via Zoom for any Black male students to meet and discuss their lives. 

This free, drop-in Zoom meeting, titled “My Brother’s Keeper,” will be led by CAPS counselor Tevin Jackson and will encourage students to connect and discuss their shared experiences being Black on campus, according to the IU Events page.

“With all the tragedies occurring throughout everyday life towards African American men, CAPS is offering a virtual ‘safe space’ for African American male students to process/discuss things that they may have experienced at IU or about issues happening in today’s world,” the website says.

No prior registration or payment is necessary to join the meeting. To join “My Brother’s Keeper,” go to this Zoom link at 3 p.m. Monday. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments