IU women’s basketball rank No. 16 in preseason AP poll

<p>Then-sophomore Grace Berger is introduced to the starting lineup Feb. 27 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The IU women&#x27;s basketball team was ranked No. 16 in the first AP Poll of the season released Tuesday.</p>

Then-sophomore Grace Berger is introduced to the starting lineup Feb. 27 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The IU women's basketball team was ranked No. 16 in the first AP Poll of the season released Tuesday.

Before the 2016-17 season, IU women’s basketball never appeared in an Associated Press preseason Top 25 poll. Now the Hoosiers have done just that three times in five years, and their No. 16 preseason ranking entering this season marks a program record. 

This all comes after what was shaping up to be a historic 2019-20 campaign for IU. Before the COVID-19 pandemic forced the shutdown of last season, the Hoosiers won a program-best 24 games and were well on their way to a second consecutive NCAA Tournament bid. 

Their upcoming schedule hasn’t been finalized yet, but head coach Teri Moren and IU could debut their No. 16 preseason ranking as early as Nov. 25.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments