IU women's basketball's Ali Patberg named to preseason Nancy Lieberman Award watch list

<p>Then-redshirt junior Ali Patberg moves toward the basket Feb. 16 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Patberg was named Monday to the Nancy Lieberman Award watchlist. The award is given annually to the nation&#x27;s top point guard in collegiate women&#x27;s basketball.</p>

Then-redshirt junior Ali Patberg moves toward the basket Feb. 16 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Patberg was named Monday to the Nancy Lieberman Award watchlist. The award is given annually to the nation's top point guard in collegiate women's basketball.

IU senior point guard Ali Patberg was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award candidate list for 2021 on Monday by the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association. 

The award is given to the top point guard in Women’s NCAA Division 1 basketball based on characteristics that Nancy Lieberman held herself. Characteristics the candidates are chosen on include playmaking, leadership and technical skills. 

Patberg is no stranger to getting recognition with award honors. 

As a redshirt junior last season, she averaged 15.6 points, 5.3 assists and 4.6 rebounds per game, earning her 12 different honors. Included in those honors were an All-Big Ten First Team selection and a 2020 Nancy Lieberman Award finalist.  

Patberg is one of 20 candidates on the award watchlist. The victor will be announced on April 9, 2021.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments