Indianapolis native Ron Klain named Joe Biden’s chief of staff

<p>Ron Klain, left, with then-Vice President Joe Biden, speaks during a 2014 meeting at the Eisenhower Executive office building in Washington, D.C. Klain was named chief of staff Wednesday to Biden&#x27;s cabinet.</p>

Ron Klain, left, with then-Vice President Joe Biden, speaks during a 2014 meeting at the Eisenhower Executive office building in Washington, D.C. Klain was named chief of staff Wednesday to Biden's cabinet.

President-elect Joe Biden named Ron Klain, an Indianapolis native and senior campaign advisor for Biden, his chief of staff, the Biden campaign announced Wednesday night.

Klain, who graduated from North Central High School in 1979, served as the president-elect’s chief of staff when Biden was the vice president from 2009 to 2011. During his time in that position, Klain helped implement the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 following the Great Recession.

Klain also worked as an advisor for Biden’s 1988 and 2008 presidential campaigns and chief counsel of the Senate Judiciary Committee for four years when Biden was the chair.

“Ron has been invaluable to me over the many years that we have worked together,” Biden said in a press release. “His deep, varied experience and capacity to work with people all across the political spectrum is precisely what I need in a White House chief of staff as we confront this moment of crisis and bring our country together again.”

Separate from his work with Biden, Klain served as the White House Ebola response coordinator from 2014 to 2015 and as chief of staff for former vice president Al Gore.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments