The Pourhouse Cafe to close Kirkwood location

<p>The Pourhouse Cafe is located at 314 E. Kirkwood Ave. The cafe announced Friday it will close its Kirkwood Avenue location on Oct. 25 after remaining open for 13 years, with plans to reopen in a new location once the market has returned to normal after the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a Facebook post.</p>

The Pourhouse Cafe is located at 314 E. Kirkwood Ave. The cafe announced Friday it will close its Kirkwood Avenue location on Oct. 25 after remaining open for 13 years, with plans to reopen in a new location once the market has returned to normal after the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a Facebook post.

The Pourhouse Cafe announced Friday it will close its Kirkwood Avenue location on Oct. 25, with plans to reopen in a new location once the market has returned to normal after being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a Facebook post.

"In order to remain a viable business, we will be shutting our doors, entering an “inactive” state as a business, and beginning to search for a location to call our future home, where we hope to re-open when the market and state of things has resumed some semblance of normalcy," the cafe said in the Facebook post.

The cafe, which opened 13 years ago, has seen changes in business trends over the last few months and is expecting a drastic dip in business as students begin online studies from November to February. The cafe concluded that it is unable to remain open at the same capacity as in the past, according to the post. 

The business temporarily closed in March as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic and reopened in mid-August, according to the post.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments