We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

Reporter at Black-oriented magazine to discuss gender, race in global affairs Wednesday

<p>The Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies is located at 355 N. Jordan Ave. Terrell J. Starr, a senior reporter at the Root, will discuss the roles gender and race play in global affairs 4 p.m. Wednesday in a virtual event.</p>

The Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies is located at 355 N. Jordan Ave. Terrell J. Starr, a senior reporter at the Root, will discuss the roles gender and race play in global affairs 4 p.m. Wednesday in a virtual event.

Terrell J. Starr, a senior reporter at the Root, will discuss the roles gender and race play in global affairs 4 p.m. Wednesday in a virtual event moderated by IU Media School professor Elaine Monaghan. 

Starr, a 2020 election and foreign policy correspondent at the Root, will delve deeper into headlines about U.S. relations with Russia and Ukraine and dissect the intersectionality of race and politics as a whole, according to the IU Event Calendar. Before working at the Root, an online magazine that writes about politics, culture and news and how they relate to the Black community, Starr volunteered with the Peace Corps while living in Georgia and studied in Ukraine as a Fulbright Fellow. .

The event, titled “Race, Gender and Power in Global Affairs,” is free and will be available to view on the Hamilton Lugar School’s Facebook Live room. No prior reservation is required.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments